Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Jenna B

By, Angela Adame, Edited by Childrens Net





“Jenna B”
Jenna B moved to a new town. She was very sad that she had left her friends, especially her best friend. She was sitting in her room with all her books and toys, but with no friends to play with. Her mom saw how sad she was and said “Oh honey don’t worry, you will make new friends in your new school.”

“No one talks to new kids mom; I will never have a new best friend.” Her mom kissed her on the forehead. “Yes you will dear, you just wait and see.” Jenna B went to school but no one spoke to her all morning.  She sat all alone eating her lunch when she heard a soft voice say, “Hi.” “Are you talking to me?”
“Yes Silly, your new here aren’t you?” “Yes I’m Jenna B” “A unique name, I love it, I’m Lynn. Would you like to eat lunch with my friends and I?” Jenna B was so happy, she couldn’t believe it.  They all sat together eating there lunch and her new friends were full of questions, wanting to know all about her but she didn’t mind answering because she learned more about them.
Later that day she was walking home when Lynn caught up to her, “Hey, let’s walk home together; we live on the same block.” “Do we really?” “Yeah we do.” “Hey Lynn, do you want to come over and play for awhile?” “OK, but I have to ask my mom first.” “ok.”
They both said ‘hi’ to Jenna B’s mom and then headed to her room. Jenna’s mom had a contented smile on her face, as she had known it wouldn’t take Jenna long to find new friends. They played for awhile and then it was time for Lynn to go home.

She asked Jenna B, “Would you like to be best friends, I have never had one and we have a lot in common, like sisters.” Jenna B was so happy that her ma had been right. “Yes, let’s be best friends.” From that day on they became best friends just like sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment